Saturday 14 October 2017

Paranoid Poverty

Lost the will to post for a week im afraid , its that time of year , turn your face to the wall and try to forget winter is coming season..lol ...
No progress on the DWP front they sent us another form to fill in which is clearly wrong as none of the questions apply to us at all , we will cobble the answers together as best we can , even the caseworker says this is irrelevant to our case  , but hey ho .
I got paid this month , partly. So we squandered on paying enough of the water rates to stay out of court and getting my work phone bill payed so that i can actually work , my car has a wheel bearing going so thats the end of that vehicle shortly , just dont have the funds to repair it.  Still have the van that apparently got us into this unholy DWP mess in the first place , because we have a van we must be guilty of benefit fraud . Err no the van is over 10 years old and was Mr BHs when he was working , would you want stinky fishing gear and oily crap inside a mobility vehicle ?  
Still arguing about work with the council and there you must give up work because its making it impossible to work out your Housing Benefit mantra .  I must give up work and claim jobseekers by xmas or our half payment on the rent will cease . No wonder im losing the will to live . 
We go over to full Universal Credit in July , so im hoping the tribunal is sorted by then , hoping but not holding my breath . 
Its reassuring that we are not the only ones , apocalypse Universal Credit is going to hit big time just before xmas for millions of people , HO HO HO from the Conservative Party , theyre also toying with the idea of benefit claimants being given a prepaid card for benefits which will prevent them squandering what they are given and limit where they can shop and what they can buy , I presume this is why theyre allowing Housing Benefits to be paid direct to the claimant under Universal Credit, then as the homeless feckless families are plastered all over the Tory media they can come to the rescue with the prepaid card system , which will only allow you to shop at the Tory supporters supermarkets , just think of the captive customers they can boost their profits with . 
We are basically being sold the biggest turkey on the whole planet , we are using the poor to create wealth for the selected few , we are creating a system that is so complicated that you cant traverse it because your feckless and stupid  , so the caseworker job market will flourish . The cost of the list of basic foodstuffs they will allow you to buy will soar to increase company profits for the suppliers, so all the holier than thou "we would never allow this to happen to us " will also find theyre paying through the nose for basics . Or will there just be a separate "poor " aisle for the DWP card holders or certain hours they can shop at so as not to offend the Haves . 
I sometimes think were one step away from being barcoded to show we are poor .
This has turned into a right paranoid rant of a post , maybe i should be medicated ?  but i cant even afford a perscription ...lol 

13 comments:

  1. I really don't have any idea what I can say, I don't have words of advice because I don't understand how in this day and age this could be happening to someone. It all sounds too bazaar but it is happening and I can only hope and pray that your luck changes soon. That the DWP see the error if their ways and provide the help you are surely entitled too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im afraid that at the moment i just want to run screaming from the building , life is like a bad dystopian novel

      Delete
    2. I get it. You have been very brave for a very long time.

      Delete
  2. I went for years not taking the medication I needed because I couldn't afford the prescription charges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fucking nightmare. My heart goes out to you.
    It beggars belief that almost everyone seems to know, or has read about, families in similar situations yet blithely continue voting for the Tory bastards who imposed these reforms.
    Stay strong. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I despair of the people who continue to support this government. The system is clearly designed to deter people from claiming what they are entitled to; maybe that's why people are being treated for malnutrition, and the numbers are on the rise, as are the numbers of homeless and rough sleepers. IDS must be delirious with happiness that the travesty that is universal credit is going to finally be rolled out, years late and vastly over budget, but hey, it's likely to get rid of a few more poor people as they take their own lives because of it, so it will be deemed a success.
    I keep hoping for something akin to the poll tax riots to stop this from killing more people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Tania. I continue to be gobsmacked that this situation is becoming all too familiar, and in this day and age. I hope you are soon in receipt of the help you are entitled to. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with Tania.....I just don't know what to say any more.
    I just want to put my head down and howl for you.
    Hugs-x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in California in the US, so I can't comment on your government. I do understand how bureaucracy can screw up your life, however, and I am so very sorry for your continued troubles.
    My husband has an old work injury to his back. When they tried to pay us off, we said all we wanted was a court judgement for medical costs if it flared up. They agreed, the court agreed, so we thought we were good. Well it flared up a year ago, they took him off work 9 months ago, and we can't get care for his back. We sued them, they agreed to approved the surgeon, but the surgery center they approved doesn't even do the surgery he needs. My boss offered to pay for the surgery center and they won't let us do that, either. Back to court while the permanent damage gets more serious.
    I don't want to complain, as we have the necessities and so many don't, I get it, but through no fault of his own, my husband can barely walk with a cane. I try to be as charitable as I can, as so many are in true need.
    I am lucky enough to have a good job, but it feels like our retirement has been stolen by the bureaucracy.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really feel for you Kate having to go through all this day after day, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg just found this from your comment on mine , Its a nightmare , its as if they put they are deliberately trying to put people off the benefits they are entitled too to save money but the problem is with the way the government is targeting everybody with the same brush xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg just found this from your comment on mine , Its a nightmare , its as if they put they are deliberately trying to put people off the benefits they are entitled too to save money but the problem is with the way the government is targeting everybody with the same brush xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    fish finders

    ReplyDelete